Thursday, November 06, 2008

Broad Beans


Hi, tonight I've cooked pasta with broad beans. It was yum.
Here are some beers that I have drunk over the last week or so:
Blanche de Namur.

I Think the slogan on top of the lable says something like, 'beer for life'. The slogan on the bottom of the lable reads something like, 'the tradition of brewers since 1858'. This was a well rounded brew. I'll give it the old reveiw...
A darker gold, showing a classic German head, not tall but foamy and sustained. The aroma was neutral, neither dominated by hop or malt. In the mouth it was slightly grainy, with simaltanious hop/ malt flavors first up, they then fade to floral hops, finally a nut malt with good lenght as a finish.
Overall quiet a good brew even if a little boring, but technally close to the mark for german biere.
P.S Needs more pizazz...

Raftman.

First up Yay Obama.
Now to the beer... The yanks do a funny beer. In my experence, from the limited range of american beers I have tryed they tend to be a little uninspired. Lets face it, American beers haven't exactly been popular on the world stage.. Have they?
Raftman on the other hand, well it's not bad, maby its even good.
The colour is golden, the head is sparse. Hops are only mildly detectable, the malt



1 comment:

Shara said...

Through my amazing powers of nerdiness I was able to translate "Bière sur Lie" and it literally means "Beer on Dregs". I'm not joking.
Mmmm.... dregs.....