Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ginger Ribs



Soooo. First of all. Like I'm realy sorry about the lack of posting... For a second there, I thought I was like, bumed out. But then I realized, I was just over worked. So like, totaly! For real! Get out! No way!

Soy Ginger Ribs:

Ingredents:

4 Free range pork ribs. (Any weight will do).

Big knob of ginger. Finley diced.

4 Cloves of garlic. Finley diced.

Juice & zest of lemon.

Fresh cracked peper.

Soy sauce.

Fish sauce.

Method:

Add the ginger, garlic, lemmon, and peper to a non reactive dish for marinateing the pork. Pat the pork ribs in the goodness. Coat evenly. Leave for 15 minutes. Now add enough soy so as to cover the ribs. Marinate for an extra 15 minutes. (Give it 20-25 if they are extra thick). Don't forget about the marination time. Soy as a marinde will easly over power most other flavors. But if you nail the timeing, you will experence the very best flavors that soya sauce has to offer. At the same time allowing the other subtle flavors to show through. After the marinating period is over. Slap them (The ribs) onto a moderate hot plate. Don't go to hot or you'll burn the marinade. But if your hot plate is to cold it will allow the moisture to release it's self from the flesh, leaveing your ribs tough and dry. OK . got all that?

Look... Sraight up. This one is easy to make. But it's bloody hard to marinate and cook properly. If you want to be a great chef. Don't expect to be an expert on your first shot at it. Practice makes perfect.... Before anything hits my blog. It's cooked and cooked again. Eventualy, after many fuck ups, I'll get it right... Sometimes.

Apologies to my family for haveing to suffer through this. Also for haveing to endure my culanary experements...

1 comment:

Shara said...

Well Brock, I have to say that these ribs even look good enough for ME to eat...(being the non pork eating creature that I am...) YUM!