Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ode To Cabbage/ Crispy Skin Salmon.








Back to cabbage tonight. Some blogs ago I was asked how to cook Salmon steak. At the time I just wrote what I knew, but I couldn't post a photo because I didn't have one. So because I love my blog fans so much, I thought I should cook some salmon and take a photo for all to see. Plus I got in cabbage as an ingredent, wicked.... Look, I do actually understand that not all of you will be heading out with fishing rod in hand to catch you own salmon. So I will forgive you if you decide to buy farmed fish. All I will ask is that you insist on ultra fresh and nothing else. If your not sure ask for a smell, If it stinks of fish. Say."No , I asked for fresh, this is not fresh". If they don't bring out the good stuff after that. Just go somewhere else.

Ingredence:

2x 300g super fresh salmon steakes.

1/8 green cabbage.

1/4 red capsicum.

1/4 Cup of finley sliced spring onoins.

1/4 cup of red basil leaves.

1 tea spoon of quality red wine vinagar.

Juice of 1 lime.

1 table spoon of olive oil.

1/2 tea spoon of salt flakes.

5 good cracks of peper.

Extra salt, peper, olive oil.

Method:

First prepare the salad. Shred the cabbage as finley as you can, discard any thick stalk peices. Do the same for the capsicum, and spring onions and basil. Chuck in the vinagar and olive oil along with the lime juce, salt, and peper. Give the lot a toss and set aside. Rub the skin of the salmon with salt and peper, then drizzle with olive oil. Pat the flesh side lightly into some plain flour. On a medium hot plate, place the salmon skin side down. Cook it for about three or four minutes depending on how thick it is. Turn and give one more minute. Remove from heat and let stand for one minute. Serve skin side up with the salad. Extra squeeze of lime on the fish if you wish.....

1 comment:

Shara said...

Salmon