Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fetta Bust Out The Watermelon


Where's the fruit? Today it was pointed out to me that out of 100 blogs only one recipe contained fruit. Not fruity enough. So lets get the fruit on. For dinner that is.

In rising to the 'fruit for dinner challange'. It occured to me that apart from tomatoes, fruit is very rarley used in the main meal at dinner time. As such, I was hard pressed to come up with the goods.

But, I think you'll find this one a real cracker. With a salad like this it's all about the sweetness of the watermelon, balanced with the saltiness of fetta. Chuck in a bit off mint for contrast. Voila, a fruity salad that goes well with red meat, or other robust savory flavors like that. This ones for you Steff. Hope you like it...?

Ingredents:

1kg diced watermelon. Seeds removed.

200g Australian fetta.

1/2 Cup of fresh mint. Roughly choped.

Method:

Combine all ingredents.

Notes:

As this is the first time I have ever cooked watermelon salad. I will atempt to refine both the ingredents and the method. I would like to develop a dressing. Possibly just a squeeze of lemon, and a crack of pepper. I will post the results of future experiments....

I know you don't eat lamb (You know who you are). But I feel lamb works wonderfully with this salad. It's all in the mint. I would love it if you gave it a try. Later.......B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brock !!

We had the fetta watermelon salad yeasterday and i have to say its a really interesting falvour combinatio. The mint and the watermelone tast really good together almost refrehing and the fetta adds a twist to it ! I liked it but you can't eat to much off it !! I hope to see more fruits meals soon .

Bye Steff