Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Blogs Revisited!




Kon ban wa blog viewers. From time to time. I try cooking things that I have cooked before. The reasons why are: Can I cook it the same again? Can I tweak it with subtle changes to the ingredents that will make it better? Can I make subtle changes to the ingredents so as to change the flavor, thus creating a new dish? With the same ingredents, can I alter the method so as to present it in a different style? Can any of the above questions teach me anything new about the combinations of ingredents and/or methods that that I have used before?


In essence my core cullanary values are:

Can I do it again?

Can I make it better?

Can I make it different?

Can it look different but taste the same?

Have I learned anything?

Every time you cook. Try to make something youv'ed never made before. If you do this as often as you can, you'll learn a shit load, and end up a way better cook.
As for the pix pictured:
The egg and bacon pie needs tomato on the botton as well as the top. Plus, sprinkle parsley all over just before it goes in the oven.
The lasagne needs to be cooked for about 20 minutes longer than stated in the original posting. Also, try useing a little less topping. I feel this will better balance the flavor.
Finelly. In my last posting I talked about shooting kangaroos. To all of the offended peoples. My apologies. Here is the same meal useing T-bone steak.

1 comment:

justinamaria said...

what's a 'bolg revisited'?