Friday, October 13, 2006

Loin-o-pork. Carrot-o-cucummber.


What up 'Blogtastic'?

Summer slamed into me like a freight train. I can't stand heat!

The suffering of summer does have a few good bits. I get to do all the summery cooking. This one I banged out in no time flat. If your not quick with a blade you might want to use a machine for the julienne. Cost $4 per serve.

Ingredents:
Extra trim loin of pork.
1 large carrot.
1 cucummber.
3 small pickled cucummbers.
8 small grape tomatoes.
Basic vinagrett.
Method:
Finely julienne the carrot and cucummber. Cut in half the tomatoes, cut pickled cucummbers length ways then into slices. Toss the lot with some dressing in a non reactive bowl. Fin.
Tie off the loin then cut into thick steakes. Cook these on a very hot BBQ plate. Seal boath ends, then lower the heat and cook untill doneness is reached. Use the thunb and finger method for this.
Serving:
Place the rested steak on top of a stack of salad. Enjoy.
Beverage:
A full bodied fruity white should suffice.

1 comment:

Shara said...

Well, I don't eat pork, but when Brock served this up, I couldn't resist.... and I ate pork! yeah, that's how good this was!