Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lamb Burger / Potato Salad!


Lamb Burgers! The recipe that I'm posting here are a huge hit with friends and familiy. Give em a burl and I promise you'll never look back. 'Bloody beautiful'....

Potato Salad. Every body knows potato salad. A real Aussie BBQ tradition. I've had a few shit ones in my time... This one, far from it. This is the best potato salad recipe I have ever tasted. Recipe complements of my wife. Thanks babe.... Here goes:

Ingredents:
Lamb burgers:
500g Lamb mince.
1 Brown onion.
100g Australian Fetta.
Zest and juce of 1 lemon.
1/2 tbl spoon dryed oregano.
Small handful of fresh mint.
4 cloves garlic.
1 tbl spoon bread crumbs.
Salt & pepper.
Salad:
500g Waxy potatoes.
2 Boiled free range eggs.
3 diced sweet pickled cuccumbers.
2tbl spoons whole egg mayonase.
1tbl spoon sour cream.
Basic salad vinagrett.
Kabana; Optional.
Method:
Burgers:
Combine all ingredents evenly. Form into patties. Set aside.
Salad:
Peel and cut the potatoes into even bite sized peices. Boil untill they are about 3/4 cooked. Drain and pour over a good amount of the salad dressing. Allow to marinate for upto one hour. Add the Quatered egg, cucummber, mayonase, sour cream. Very gently combine.
Beverage:
Wine or beer? I was hard pressed it call this one. I'll leave it up to you... Enjoy..

3 comments:

justinamaria said...

honey, those are rissoles!! i keep telling you, rissoles! as in: "see you 'round like a rissole"

Shara said...

Haha! Rissoles! What an insult! ;o)
hey brock, I was wondering if you had thought about having something on your blog... where other people could submit their own recipes... you know, just for fun?

Erin said...

Hmm. I really love that potato salad. But I would also argue that my Nana's tried and tested recipe is just as good.