Thursday, August 03, 2006

Baby Fish


Welcome valued blogees. In my last posting I mentiond a few hobbies that I enjoy. (Cooking, and brewing beer). Today I want to talk about another passion of mine: Keeping ornamental fish.(Nerd factor 10). Over the years I have kept many species, but at the moment I am enjoying the robust in nature "Rift Lake Cichlids". A popular and very diverse range of fresh water fish. I have two fish tanks at home. One is a 4ft/250lt display tank. The other is a small 20lt cube shaped tank. I will take this opportunity to invite any questions regarding the keeping of fish at home. I will endeavor to ansewer as soon as possible. Back to the 20lt tank though... I bought this tank with the aim of breading some small fish that had paired up in my display tank. As far as I could tell they were being harassed by the larger fish and therefor would not breed. After moveing them to there own tank I was expecting some baby action. Nothing for almost one year. Today however, after great lengths. ( I won't go into all the details unless someone asks me to). There are babys, not many but some. I have been basking in my own crapulence ever since. I am includeing a picture of the fish (right hand side, this is not a baby, he is the dad) in question. I will try to get a shot of the babys ASAP.

No comments: