Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bacon & Egg Pie. (In Beta)




Everning bloggers. You may have noticed that I've changed the layout of my blog some what. (Upgraded to Beta). This meanes that I can customize my blog somewhat. Soooo. If you, the Blogtastic wants change. Leave a comment and tell me how, or what I should do..
Normally I try to post recipes that can be cooked quickly. (Like after work, which is what I do). This one needs about 1 hour and 45 minutes. So get home early, or eat late...
Bacon & egg pie is a real good looker. A great family dish. Heres how I did it:
Ingredents:
8 Fresh free range eggs.
8 peices of middle bacon.
1 onion.
2 Chorizo sausages.
Chedder cheese.
Bocconcinne.
Peper
Short crust pastery.
2 large ripe tomatoes.
Method:
In a large heavy based pan. Fry of the roughly choped bacon, onion, and sausage. Remove from heat and allow to cool abit. While that is happerning. Brush a generous amount of olive oil into a deep flan dish that has a press out base. Line the dish with a large sheet of pastery. Press it to the sides but leave the corrners hanging over the edge. As a bottom layer, add a few slices of chedder. Crack the eggs into the filling. Stir em up a bit, and slap the lot into the pie dish. Press a small hand full of Bocconchine into the top at random. Now thickly slice the tomato and layer it over the top. Crack pepper over it. Fold over the sides to form a rough cover. Brush the exposed pastery with olive oil and slap it in the preheated oven. Bake at 230c for about 20 minutes. Then turn down to 200c and cook untill set and risen. (About 45 minutes).
Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before pressing out of the dish. Serve it at the table. A green salad will go well on the side. As will a gentle Merlot.

2 comments:

Shara said...

Hey I love the new design! it looks really great!
So does the egg and bacon pie! Hope you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brock

Fist thx for the piece of your bacon and egg pie ! It was really, really yummy !I loved it !Keep on cooking all this beautiful and yummy things !! Thumbs up mate !

bye steff

Have a great weekend