Friday, September 15, 2006

Squid Ink Rethink



Yo mo veg-o no no. Last posting I said that I was going to cook a veg only meal. However: My eldest son bought his friend home from school. He, (Friend) went out of his way to explain to me that his most favorite meal of all time is shepards pie. How could I disapoint?
I promise, very soon, I will post a vegetarian dish.

For now, I'll talk about today.
I wondered over to a great little shop in the east end of town. Yarra Valley Pasta. Hard to beleve I've never been to one of the best ingredent supply stores in town... I got to talking to the seinior pasta chef. (G-day Mic) We ranted and raved about food stuffs for hours. After some haggleing we decided on a straight out swap. I'll bring back some of my beer, in the mean time he sent me home with some pasta that he whiped up right in front of me. Plus a recipe that was his mothers, mothers, mothers. Squid Ink angel hair with garlic, chilli, and octopus. Apparently once I make this meal with his pasta, I'll be inclined to bring back more beer than I otherwise would have.... What ever...

P.S You my have noticed that there is a photo of lamb chops pomy style. Nothing to do with this post. I just cooked it. Thats all.

No comments: