Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Chauvinist Post.


Last posting, (Sheppards Pie). There was a comment left. Well writen, upfront, concise, well maybe. Missing the point, ignorant, uninformed, totally.
Look, I understand that some of the things contained within this blog, could sound a bit blokey. I am a man after all.
Yes alot of the recipes listed here are disigned to be conusumed with beer. That is because the place of origin for most of these meals, beer was fermented, not wine.
Take Sheppards pie for example. As an old English meal. Do you think that after a hard day tending her/his flock, they would return home and drink wine? Ofcourse not. Tending flock was not a job for lords & ladies. It was done by commoners. The 'average' person as it were.
Beer was either made at home, or was bought locally. Grapes don't grow in well in England. But the Poms make a cracking beer, and have done for millennia.
If I'm makeing a pasta meal, I look straight for a matching wine. Thats because traditionally, it's whats generally done.
However, in the future I will endeavour to provide a more balanced reprisentation of beverages.
As for repermanding me over the use of the frase 'Common Mans'. If your ill informed opinion leads you to beleve that I must be a chauvinist beer swilling pig. Grow up!

No comments: